Topic Title: Black screen after reinstalling 6970M
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/19/2013 08:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/19/2013 08:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jruivo
Peon

Hello guys, so I own a P150HM laptop with Radeon HD 6970M, and few days ago I had to install VIrtualBox, soon after I was going to play something, but the moment I started the game, I got these grey stripes all over the laptop screen. 

I rebooted the laptop, but , all  I got was some black screen after the Windows 7 booting screen.

Here's what I did, I accessed the safe mode and unistalled the video driver.

Rebooted again, and yeah I was able to access my computer , of course using that VGA standard something. 

Anyways, I tried resintalling the driver, using CD which came with laptop, I downloaded the latest drivers, but still nothing. Everytime I try to install the video driver, my screen goes black everytime after the window boot screen.

I already tried to use system restore, driver sweeper, but all of this was in vain. I'm clueless about what should I do now :\

11/19/2013 12:00 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Either do a system restore to a time before you installed the virtual box or...delete the virtualbox. Seems pretty obvious that before you installed it, you had no problem.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/19/2013 12:50 PM

Author Icon
jruivo
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped Either do a system restore to a time before you installed the virtual box or...delete the virtualbox. Seems pretty obvious that before you installed it, you had no problem.

Well, unfortunately I already tried that , which didn't fix it :\

11/30/2013 03:44 PM

Author Icon
bledsdeppal
Peon

Hello!

I have the same problem on my laptop (same as yours)! I tried several reinstalls of win 7 and win 8. + I tried all kinds of different drivers... but only the standard vga driver seems to work... The funny thing is - I still have the warranty on the laptop and gave it to repair at my reseller. the result was: they gave it back to me with win 7 installed using a working ati driver?! they told me to use clevo drivers only (of course - i HAVE tried those)... After installing windows 8 (dont have a licensed windows 7) the problem is back again and I can't get windows 7 or 8 to work :-(

Please help!!!

12/02/2013 05:24 PM

Author Icon
jruivo
Peon

Originally posted by: bledsdeppal Hello!

I have the same problem on my laptop (same as yours)! I tried several reinstalls of win 7 and win 8. + I tried all kinds of different drivers... but only the standard vga driver seems to work... The funny thing is - I still have the warranty on the laptop and gave it to repair at my reseller. the result was: they gave it back to me with win 7 installed using a working ati driver?! they told me to use clevo drivers only (of course - i HAVE tried those)... After installing windows 8 (dont have a licensed windows 7) the problem is back again and I can't get windows 7 or 8 to work :-(

Please help!!!

If you do find the solution please don't hesitate and post it here, it's been 3 weeks and I'm still here with this unsolved :\

Statistics
84866 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.