I experienced this problem when playing Skyrim via Steam. I wasn't able to select the AMD card, only Intel. No effect after chosing high quality/performance for Skyrim in the Control Center. Even when I chose very high quality in the game, it is very bad. With medium quality it doesn't work fluently. My conclusion: the game does not use the AMD video card. What can I do to change this?
My notebook: Acer E1-572G with switchable graphics, i5-4200U ...
I bought it 1 week before...
- AMD Radeon HD 8750M (2GB) and onboard Intel HD 4400 -> both are displayed as functioning
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- driver version Intel: 18.104.22.16834, driver version AMD: 22.214.171.12400
- other versions (including newest) of both Intel and AMD were tested
- currently, after installing other drivers and also with the newly installed original drivers - they don't seem to work together: Catalyst Control won't open
- 64-bit Windows 8
- Windows 7 not tested so notebook can be brought back to the store
Applications and Games
- Skyrim via Steam
- Spellforce 2 via CD (not sure, but it's not working well either)
System Memory Type & Amount
- 4GB DDR3 L Memory
- virus check: McAfee (was installed)
- one time restored to factory settings because recommended by Acer support - don't want to do it again, takes ages -.-"
- I contacted Acer and Bethesda before, no help from these sides.
I would be very glad if you could help me I need to know if it's the notebook's fault or mine