Topic Title: Unwanted minimization of game to tray during game
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/24/2014 08:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/24/2014 08:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jellis00
Peon

While running a game on WIN7 64 bit I frequently see the full screen minimize all of a sudden for no reason into an icon in my tray.  That usually causes me to fail in the game before I can click on the icon and re-maximize the game screen. 
I have no idea what is causing this. However, I did check the Event Logs and in System I see a frequent Information Level entry in the Windows/System log at the time of the minimization that point to the Service Control Manager as the source with an event ID of 7036.
Can anyone tell me what is causing this and how to stop it....it totally degrades my game playing!

01/24/2014 09:57 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You could have googled "event ID of 7036" and found lots of reasons for this. Try it. Here is one....

Event ID 7036 service entered the stopped state - Service Control Manager

Event ID 7036

This event is recorded for several services when the computer is powered on. The reason for this is that various services may perform certain tasks at startup and once done they will stop by themselves. In this case, the 7036 event is accompanied by the corresponding 7035 (recorded when the service enter the "running state").

Description:  In my case I got this event with an error message The Portable Device Enumerator Service service entered the stopped state.

After I have googled some time, I got following suggestion for this issue

The Portable Device Enumerator Service enforces group policy for removable mass-storage devices. Enables applications such as Windows Media Player and the Image Import Wizard to transfer and synchronize content using removable mass-storage devices.

You may check if any group policy is enabled regarding removable mass-storage devices or Windows Media Player is tried to synchronize with removable mass-storage devices.

In addition, I would like to suggest you test the issue in Clean Boot to check if there is any third party software conflicts.

Test the issue in Clean Boot
=================
1. Click "Start", click "Run", type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. On the "General" tab, click "Selective Startup", and then clear all of the subsequent check boxes. You will not be able to clear the Use Original BOOT.INI check box.
3. Click "OK", and then click "Restart" to restart your computer.
4. After Windows starts, determine whether the issue reoccurs.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
86399 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.