Topic Title: AMD HD7970M CROSSFIRE AND HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CONTROLLER ...
Topic Summary: When crossfire is Enabled one of 3 high definition audio controller is disabled (error code 22)
Created On: 01/30/2014 07:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/30/2014 07:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Storm5
Peon

Hi guys...

I have a laptop (clevo p370em) with HD7970M crossfire,with win 7 64bit updated and a chipset audio realtek HD on board.

I have updated the drivers of the VGA insalling the catalyst software suite 13.9 released by the producer of the laptop.

I got a 15% improvement in performance with the new drivers,but there is an issue which was not present when were installed the old drivers:

the problem is this:  In Device Manager (with crossfire enabled) I have 3 references to the High Definition Controller...one of these controllers is disabled(black down arrow). I can enable the device and it shows the device working properly and I can check for drivers(it's up to date according to Windows), but when I shut off the system the device is disabled again.

The disabled high definition audio controller seems to be located on the same bus of one of the two HD7970 (bus PCI 2) and cause this resources conflict is automatically disabled.

I have checked all of the drivers I can think of, AMD,Realtek (i have installed the Amd audio device drivers from realtek). The Laptop is stable I have sound as well(have to check sound with HDMI cable attached still).

Only if i disable the crossfire the high definition audio controller is rehabilitated...and this is strange becuase with old drivers this not happened...but i wanna not downgrade to old drivers because i would lose the improvement obtained with new drivers.

So guys do you know a solution for this issue? What problem it can cause?

Thank all for help.

Sorry for bad english,i'm from Italy.

02/01/2014 04:57 AM

Author Icon
Storm5
Peon

..up..

02/01/2014 09:33 AM

Author Icon
Xellon
Peon

No idea what the issue is.... basically you want it so it is enable after restart?

You have the latest drivers for the high definition audio correct?

Only thing I can think of is making sure under ctrl panel and services, the service is set to automatic and enabled. If its on manual, then it will disable on startup depending on the service.

From my experience with audio drivers/software from realtek, their all no good in the first place especially realtek. You still need it installed though. The equilizer is no good imo, the sound range in what you can adjust is no good. So I added Profound sound to my laptop. Thats only if u care about audio sound.

-------------------------

Asus G73jh-A1 ~ Windows 7 64 Bit ~ I7-720Qm ~ ATI 5870M (Sometimes OC to  780/1075) ~ 8 Gigs Ram ~ SSD

02/01/2014 03:36 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Stack Smasher

Originally posted by: Storm5 Hi guys...

I have a laptop (clevo p370em) with HD7970M crossfire,with win 7 64bit updated and a chipset audio realtek HD on board.

I have updated the drivers of the VGA insalling the catalyst software suite 13.9 released by the producer of the laptop.

I got a 15% improvement in performance with the new drivers,but there is an issue which was not present when were installed the old drivers:

the problem is this:  In Device Manager (with crossfire enabled) I have 3 references to the High Definition Controller...one of these controllers is disabled(black down arrow). I can enable the device and it shows the device working properly and I can check for drivers(it's up to date according to Windows), but when I shut off the system the device is disabled again.

The disabled high definition audio controller seems to be located on the same bus of one of the two HD7970 (bus PCI 2) and cause this resources conflict is automatically disabled.

I have checked all of the drivers I can think of, AMD,Realtek (i have installed the Amd audio device drivers from realtek). The Laptop is stable I have sound as well(have to check sound with HDMI cable attached still).

Only if i disable the crossfire the high definition audio controller is rehabilitated...and this is strange becuase with old drivers this not happened...but i wanna not downgrade to old drivers because i would lose the improvement obtained with new drivers.

So guys do you know a solution for this issue? What problem it can cause?

Thank all for help.

Sorry for bad english,i'm from Italy.

What problem does this cause? You have no sound..?..or you just are bugged because it's disabled? If it's not causing any issue then forget about it.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200  ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit  

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

02/01/2014 05:20 PM

Author Icon
xSinner
Peon

The fatc is that why we have two cards when we can't use Crossfire. So is there any solution about this..? or we should wait for next drivers?

02/02/2014 12:08 AM

Author Icon
xSinner
Peon

Juts fixed this.

The issues causing from ULPS options (atleast at Windows 8.1, witch im using) You can google it how to disable them by using Regedit (Windows tool)

Crossfire now seems working well.

02/02/2014 01:22 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Stack Smasher

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=166552&enterthread=y

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200  ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit  

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
81012 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.