Topic Title: Some questions, generally about AMD card usage and about actual drivers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/14/2014 06:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2014 06:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
YEA
Peon

Hello people, 

First of all - I am new here and I hope you guys can help me I am sorry, if this is the wrong section to post my two questions.

First question: Where/how can I see, if actually the Intel HD graphic card or AMD graphic card is used? Any specific way/app?

Second: What is the most actual driver? The newest one? I couldn't find the driver on the AMD Website. It's the RADEON HD 8750M.
When I choose it at the AMD driver download site, only a site with "help" pages.
So I installed the "automatic" download program and I want to be sure, that it downloaded the most recommended driver.

With regards,

YEA. 

02/21/2014 12:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Xellon
Peon

Always use stock drivers for laptops as card was most likely modified to fit the drivers. For some lappies, this is not the case and may need latest drivers from amd.

But the driver you would download from amd would be 8xxx. Your not looking for your specific card. As for the HD/amd card, I would do a search as it was mentioned quite a few times already (probably stickied as well).

-------------------------

Asus G73jh-A1 ~ Windows 7 64 Bit ~ I7-720Qm ~ ATI 5870M (Sometimes OC to  780/1075) ~ 8 Gigs Ram ~ SSD

Statistics
80938 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.