Topic Title: 6750m Apple Bootcamp Drivers Updated!
Topic Summary: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Created On: 04/27/2014 03:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/27/2014 03:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zer0cool
Peon

I could not find an email address to email feedback or support, so hopefully this makes it back to the team somehow or someeone from AMD can passon my message.

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro with Radeon 6750m 1gig of GDDR5 memory.

When I installed bootcamp, Apple provided me with the drivers I needed, including the video driver, which worked fine for a very long time. Fast forward years later and I was stuck with a driver from February 2011 with no way to update because it was up to Apple to update the driver (which they did not) and AMD mobile drivers were not compatable

I would sometimes randomly check to see if there was an update to the drivers and would always see the latest date as Feb 2011, until last week I randomly checked again and saw they were UPDATED on April 9th!

OMG, I had completely given up hope that there would ever be in update. The update has LITERALLY changed the lifespan of my computer. Games run with about a 50% increase in frame rate and previous games that would not run, now are able to actual boot up instead of just crashing. Can you imagine running 3 year old drivers!?

I dont know why the drivers were updated but I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much to the team at AMD. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep updating drivers. It doesnt even have to be that often, but it means the world to the many running this configuration to know that we are still supported.

If anyone from AMD can respond, give me an email where to respond to, or pass on the message, please pass on the biggest thanks for the biggest surprise I have ever received regarding projuct support.

Here is the link for reference:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/bootcamp

Thanks a million!

My first born child will be named Radeon!

-------------------------
Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15inch
Radeon HD 6750 1GB GDDR5
Running Windows 7 64bit with Bootcamp
Statistics
84699 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.