Topic Title: Help AMD Radeon HD 6470M
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/30/2014 08:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/30/2014 08:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rafaa2
Peon

I have acer asspire 5552G with GPU : AMD Radeon TM HD 6470M  

it was work great

but when  i upgrade my windows 7 to windows 8 

Become a AMD Radeon TM HD 7000M

counter strike, mine craft ,element 3D AE ,GPU over clock,AMD Catalyst™ Drivers for Radeon™...  show me an error (openGL or GPU not compatible)  

i reinstall win7 but the same problem 

please if you know how fix this show me 

(sorry for my bad english)

05/28/2014 02:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chrisk44
Peon

Hello,

I have a laptop with a similar problem. It's a samsung with A6 APU and Radeon HD 6470M GPU (dual graphics) and when I bought it the graphics card was detected as Radeon HD 6470M. After installing the beta drivers (one by one as they were released), Windows started "seeing" my GPU as "Radeon HD 6400M series" which is good. Then, at 13.12 version, my GPU suddenly became "Radeon HD 7400M series", just like you.

It was a driver issue, however my computer was working fine, even in games (I had the regular 'this-game-does-not-support-dual-graphics-and-catalyst-doesn't-know-I-have-a-game-running-so-I'm-stuck-with-the-dedicated-gpu-lagging', but it was working without saying anything).

Obviously it's a driver issue and reinstalling Windows (preferably the version (7, 8, 8.1 etc.) the laptop came with) and installing the drivers from the laptop manufacturer's website, you won't have any problems. If the problem consists, report it to the manufacturer, but first make sure you haven't downloaded the wrong driver (like for an other laptop). If you want, you can try the latest beta version that AMD offers, but I don't know, even with the latest version, I still magically have 7400M series graphics card.

Given that the driver is one pack for too many graphics cards, they even have desktop and laptop gpus together, I GUESS that since your computer "thinks" you have 7400M series GPU, so did the installer. So I wouldn't recommend using a driver that was probably tested on some other GPU.

Hope I helped...

Statistics
84097 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.